Video Surveillance & Security System Installers - Lower South Coast
Video Deployed To Manage 3 Sites in Umzinto.
Managing multiple supermarket locations and a warehouse, with margins of 2-3% is a serious matter, for this Umzinto business owner.
Owner desired to be able to see all of his facilities from any one of the facilities. 2 Supermarkets about 100m apart and a warehouse 500m down the road.
BI Video Security Systems (Pty) Ltd deployed multiple TESC D1 DVR's , i7 Pc's with Multiple Video outputs, Ubiquity wireless solution and TESC CMS.
A Total of 78 Cameras are being handled on the system, and are streamed from one location to another via the wireless link. 32 More cameras will be added during the latter part of 2013.
All the cameras are simultaneously displayed at any of the three facilities. The owner has the peace of mind of watching any of the facilities, regardless of which facility he is physically present at.
Crime Cannot Be Tolerated At Up Market Holiday And Residential Estate.
This estate was experiencing 2 -3 serious intrusions through it's perimeter fence , monthly. Intruders were stealing from the residences and assaulting guests on the private beaches.
BI Video Security Systems (Pty) Ltd designed a 27 page security plan for the estate. The plan is currently being deployed in phases.
Provide detection and alert along 4Km of perimeter fencing, on remote stretches of beaches.
The environment is corrosive, and changing tide lines with seasonal high waters, along with severe lightning storms.
BI Video Security Systems deployed a Huperlab Technologies advanced DVR with Virtual Fence video analytics. The system was deployed on a 4km 12 Core Fibre Optic backbone, using Pixim Seawolf 960H WDR cameras with built-in surge protection.
A total of 32 Cameras are accomodated on the system, and we are currently adding another 14 (October 2013) .
The dedication of the estate security personnel, the Huperlabs Technology, new fences and dedicated video control room, have led the estate to well over 1000 days incident free.
80% of Security Systems Don't Work Properly Because The Requirements Are Never Properly Defined.
A system that doesn't work, doesn't achieve a return, doesn't record an incident, and doesn't return any usable information when it does record - doesn't help you, and it doesn't help your installers business either.
This is why we determined some time ago, that the initial time taken to go through the time consuming South African National Standards process - is really the best predictor of a successful deployment , and thus the best predictor of the success we can expect for our business.
Defining Your Operational Expectations Is Far More Important Than Hardware Specifications and Camera Locations.
We keep emphasising this point because we know that systems deployed without a thorough operational requirements assessment are really a waste of money, time and resource.
Many providers start off by selling the technology, the latest greatest resolution, or newest DVR -because that's the limit of their knowledge, BUT we have hundreds of examples where even the best equipment has failed! - because what it's supposed to achieve was never defined.
Call Us: 084 422 1169 To Compile Your Operational Requirements.
Our team are qualified in Hazard and Loss Control, Risk Assessment and Quantification, Retail, Industrial and Corporate Shrink Control with qualifications from IRCA, NOSA and others.
Managed Service Provision of CCTV Equipment
Whether you are looking to acquire new CCTV equipment, revamp or to simply upgrade your business with the latest technology equipment, Managed Service Provision is an excellent method to grow and protect your business. All companies share a common survival requirement — Cash Flow. Even for a company with large cash reserves, Managed Service Provision makes business sense by matching cost to benefit. Your Cash flow becomes predictable and sustainable. Why expose your precious working capital or lines of credit? Smart businesses let the equipment benefits pay for the equipment...whilst their cash reserves and credit facilities are left intact for any emergencies.
Fortune 500 Companies Don't Buy CCTV
Fortune 500 Companies don't stress their cash flow, by buying depreciating assets from their capital John Paul Getty, the oil tycoon said to be the richest man in history, once remarked: “If it appreciates, buy it. If it depreciates, lease it.” BI Video Security's Managed Service Provision agreement is much like a lease agreement.
What is managed CCTV?
A provision in which a CCTV provider undertakes to offer a defined set of services , which include video surveillance to the customer. What are the benefits?
- Since the customer never purchases any equipment, the provider remains responsible for all aspects of the operation of the video surveillance function.
- There is no huge capital outlay on CCTV equipment, which merely depreciates from day one – just a single monthly flat fee.
Is MSP Suitable For Smaller Companies?
Most Fortune 500 companies do not purchase CCTV equipment outright, and now small to medium sized companies are realizing the benefits of Managed Service Provision (MSP). Under a MSP agreement, all repairs, replacement parts, maintenance and service are covered by the MSP fee for the duration of the agreement. Customers, located in somewhat remote areas – or areas where only small town, trunk slamming CCTV providers are available, will especially benefit from MSP.
- Since a CCTV system cannot be deployed and then left to it's own devices – there will be unforseen camera faults, in and out of warranty. There will be damages caused by Vermin, by Monkeys, by operational staff, there will be problems resulting from operator error on the equipment, problems caused by moisture and corrosion in outdoor facilities, more problems in buried facilities, surges, lightning. All of these issues will not be covered by a standard warranty agreement.
For one Affordable Monthly MSP Fee
- There is no capital required, the business continues to use available capital to purchase stock or engage in profit generating trade – without burdening cash flow availability.
- The system can be deployed immediately, without having to wait for available capital,
- The system can be deployed as an operational expense, bypassing the complex request for capital budgets,
- The MSP fee is 100% Tax Deductible,
- Adding equipment to the system is a simple process,
- The business can afford to install exactly what is needed, without scaling down due to lower capital budget,
- VAT can be claimed on the monthly MSP fee,
- The MSP preserves the companies lines of credit, and does not impact the liability displayed on the balance sheet,
- The MSP acts as an inflation hedge, with the customer paying today’s fees at tomorrows inflation rate,
- There is no depreciation cost to the business,
- There is no unexpected, large service bill to repair faulty equipment,
- There is no limited warranty period, since the provider is responsible for ensuring that the system works for the duration of the agreement.
T&C's Managed Service Provision is only available to companies with an annual turnover of R2 Million or higher in terms of the National Credit Act (South Africa)
Get Started With Security Integration
If You Already Have A Security System, Know That 80% of Systems Are Not Working Properly - We Want To Help You Make Sure Of Your Security
Call us: 084 422 1169 to have a free audit of your system completed.
Some of the things we will check;
- Check deployment of systems against the risk profile of your business type,
- Check selection of lense sizes , hardware type for the intended objectives,
- Check night vision operation and high light performance,
- Check surge and backup protection,
- Check proper function and work condition,
- Check resolution of cameras,
- Check recording settings,
- Check motion detection settings,
- Check security of hardware,
- Check how the system is used to compliment management processes.
- Check maintenance and repair procedures.
- Check ROI measures.